Finishing Trades Institute of New England
*IMPORTANT NOTE*: ONLY 25 APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED PER MONTH.
Apprenticeship applicants, BEFORE BEING ACCEPTED AS APPRENTICES, must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the application form furnished by the Finishing Trades Institute of New England
- Be 18 years of age or older
- MUST PRODUCE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
- Be an American Citizen or be lawfully permitted to work in the United States of America
- Produce a copy of his/her high school diploma or GED or Job Corps Completion Certificate
- Be physically able to perform the work required of the trade
- Complete a favorable interview with an assigned DC #35 Interviewer
- Attend, and successfully complete, Apprentice Information Session
- Pass a drug screening
Each applicant who meets all minimum requirements will be evaluated for acceptance.
The Painters and Allied Trades Finishing Trades Institute of New Engalnd is an Equal Opportunity Training Program. We encourage woman and minorities to apply.
ACCEPTED APPLICATION PROCESS:
Apprentices who are accepted in the program will be required to complete 6000 hours of on the job training together with 450 hours of related Classroom Instruction. The classes are from September through April.
All Boston FTI-NE Apprentices will attend 4 Full Time, One week training sessions, spread out over a one year time period between the months of September and April.
Once a member beings work they will be required to join the union soon after their first day of work. The apprentice initiation fee is $100.00 and is non-refundable. They then are initiated into their local. Apprentices receive a 1000 hour probationary period.
Apprentices receive an increase in their pay every 750 hours of work performed. The apprentice is responsible for turning in their pay stubs each 750 hours in order to receive that increase.
- 10 Hour OSHA (Occupational Health & Safety)
- First Aid/CPR
- PFT (Pulmonary Function Test)
- ALTA (Ariel Lift Training)
- Fall Protection (FP)
PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO ACCESS THE FTI-NE ONLINE APPLICATION: